Eating a Paleo diet essentially means that you consuming foods that were presumed to be eaten by our ancestors during the Paleolithic period and therefore we are genetically adapted to eat. This might sound like a lot to take into consideration, but Paleo is guided by 5 easy to follow principles:
- Consuming whole foods. This means foods that have not been processed, with no added colours or flavours
- Consuming foods free from toxins. This includes avoiding synthetic pesticides and certain ingredients added to processed founds
- Applying the principals of evolution. It is not possible to live like a caveman, but we can use our evolutionary history about clues as to what types of foods our bodies were made for.
- Relying on evidence
- Individualizing. Everyone is genetically different, and expresses those genes differently. Feel free to adapt the diet and makes changes to find an eating style that suits you best.
In general, all paleo-recipes are dairy free, grain free, gluten free and sugar free.
This meal plan is for you if:
- you have digestive issues
- you have symptoms of leaky gut (try this leaky gut quiz)
- you want to eliminate inflammatory foods
- you want to balance blood sugar
- you want to give Paleo a try but need some support getting started
Try delicious recipes including sweet potato tuna burgers, falafel salad with mint tahini sauce, and bacon and egg breakfast jars.
Includes a shopping list, nutritional information & delicious recipes for 3 daily meals and 2 daily snacks.
This 7-day meal plan is for 2 people.